Friday, February 22, 2013

HW420 Unit 8 Optimal Well-being


I like the Meeting Aescleplus and the Visualization exercises the best.  I think that the Meeting Aescleplus exercise is a great way for me to connect with Jesus as I would like him to become my inner healer. I really need to do this in order to enhance my spiritual development. I also like the visualization exercise as a way to remember the good times in my life.  This would help me to have a more positive attitude and not focus on the bad things that may happen to me.  I think that this would be a good thing to do especially when I am going through something. It is sort of like counting your blessings. I think that when you are doing that your mind is clearer and you can then try and grow from the experience.  If you cannot do it at the time, it would be a good thing to look at the experience and ask yourself “What did I learn from it?”  It would also be a good thing to share your experiences with your family, both the good and the bad times, so that they may also learn from them.  This way you are not only helping to foster your wholeness, but theirs also.

6 comments:

  1. I agre with you on the visualizing happier times, it made me feel happier. I think to many times we focus on the unhappy times and then run us in to depression. I want to be happy and if I take 10 or 15 minutes each morning to "count my blessings" that would make a world of differnce. I also like your cartoon, how many times have I tried to make everyone else happy and not been happy. My latest in doing good for someone else is moving in with my mother in law...it was the best thing for her, but not a good thing for my family. The good news is some positive things are coming out of it, and we are in the process of moving out. I wish you the best with fostering wholeness to your family I know for me, because I am the youngest, no one takes me very seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that it is much better to think of the happier times, than to focus on the sad times because it really can make us very depressing. I like to "count my blessings" daily also.

      Delete
  2. Hi June,
    I guess we both got many benefits from the Aesclepis and the visualization meditation exercises. I have learned so much. I need to start asking myself the same question "What did I learn from this"? I have been closing myself off from the world for so long thinking I was protecting myself from being hurt again. It took me a while to realize I cant control everything that happens in my life. Even in my little protective cucoon I still lost my best friend from cancer, I still lost my dogs and I still got my heart broken, and there was nothing I could have done to control any of it. I could be enjoying my life instead of hiding from it and accepting the bad with the good.I'm going to start taking my best friends advice and "Give it up to God".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do seem to be on the same page when it comes to the meditation exercises that we like. This class has helped me greatly. I find it does help to ask "What did I learn from this?" about my trials. You really can't control everything that happens in your life, but you can learn from everything. It is also a good idea to "Give it up and give it to God". The hardest part for me is letting it go. I think that I need to be in control of everything, but you can't really be and will just make yourself crazy trying to be!

      Delete
  3. Hello June. I also like using visualization it helps me get through my gym workouts. I like how you if something doesn't work out to ask yourself what did I learn from this. I think it is a good idea to reflect on what has happened so that you can learn from it and move on. I like how you also said to share your experiences with your family so they can learn as well. These are really great ideas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see how visualization would help you with your gym workouts. It is hard for me to get through things like that because I find them so boring.

    ReplyDelete